Saturday 18 May 2013

MOVING ART TO MANCHESTER



Just packing up my neon to go to the Bury Art Museum for an exhibition later this year. It looks like Marcel Broodthaers has been here and left something behind. Now that is someone I wish I'd met and had a chance to talk to, and get a personal tour of the Museum of Modern Art Department of Eagles. I hope to get there eventually and donate some Eagle sculptures. I'm driving to Manchester tomorrow to attend the Archive Colloquium at Bury: Derek Beaulieu, Carol Watts, Kerry Morrison, Holly Pester and Tony Trehy are giving talks; I'm looking forward to seeing good friends and catching up, hopefully meeting Tom Jenks of zimZalla avant objects to discuss our upcoming collaboration.


Here is a photo by Phil Davenport of the neon being tested at Taylor Electronics (Manchester) Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment